Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Reunion Fast Approaching

Dear Friends,

I write this to you to let you know that another reunion is in the works, but this time it is the 20th! A nice, round, fat number for us old folks who are listening to the Golden Oldies of the 80's. The songs we new as kids are now on the Back in the Day Buffet!!! YIKES!

I know economic times are tough, gas is high, groceries are high, paychecks are down. We make great things happen as a team. We enjoy each other's company, and we love gathering...obviously, we have gathered every year at least once since 2008. I have immensely enjoyed it, and from what others have said, you have too!

I created this website a while back, but now I am trying to really make it information that is useful. You will find classmates birthdays (as I come across them), contact information, as I have it now (please send me updates as necessary), and financial info with regards to the class account. You will also find pictures and tours down memory lane. Please EMAIL ME MORE!!!! I would love to have a whole pastle of pictures to post. My goal is to run a silde reel at the top of the newsletter. The more pictures the better!


Marvin has made a call to action for our classmates. I am simply holding the megaphone. Now is the time to begin planning and saving for our 20th Reunion. Rod and Ron have been so kind as to volunteer their time and effort, but we NEED MORE!!!

We need IDEAS!!! We need RESOURCES! We need photos, venues, entertainment, food. Suggestions!!! and sadly, we need money. I would much rather call for a year-long payment plan than a cover charge of $100 or more to cover everything.

Suggestions on the table at this point are picnics, dinners, meet and greets, gathering more than just once...holding more than one event so everyone can make it to at least one. T-shirts. Photo albums to replace yearbooks that were lost over the years. A roast of one of the classmates...voted on by you. A Who's Who. Where are they now? These are ideas on the table, nothing concretely formulated.

If you would like to be a part of the planning call Miranda or Marvin. Numbers listed on the contact page. Or email me. Check in on our LINCOLN HIGH CLASS OF 1993 facebook page, or the 20th Reunion Event Page on facebook.

We are looking forward to having a great celebration of 20 years of friendship!



Miranda Bryant Barker

1 comment:

  1. Count me in to help plan. I have nothing but time on my hands.. I love all of you and can't wait to see you all again.

    ReplyDelete